Saturday, October 31, 2009

3 Faves of the Week

10/26/09

Little Biff dressed as a dinosaur
Goddamn that kid is cute. I am so glad he's in my family.

Not sure why Popi named him Biff (after Biff in Death of a Salesman,) but it sure does make me laugh.
If only Lil Biff was walking I could've played this song as he walked house-to-house.



Daylight Savings

Early to bed, and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise ~ B. Franklin
Many moons ago, native Philadelphian, author, all around inventing bad ass Ben Franklin, had one of those "ahead of his time ideas" (Just like me. My Slanket: A Blanket with Sleeves idea preceded the Snuggie by mere weeks) came up with a satire about the French government taxing shutter use forcing the Frenchies get up earlier. You know to cash in on some sunshine.

Well I guess the our forefathers gave a big F-U to the idea and it was put off until the age of rails and communications. Something like the rail systems needed to be uniform for travel purposes.

I don't get it.

I mean regardless of the time, you can still travel. People cross time zones all the time and yet they continue to live. Why couldn't people travel by rail through different zones with out the extra hour (or lack of an extra hour.)? ~ Please comment below if you know the answer to that question. ~

So those folk rock loving New Zealanders proposed Modern DST (Daylight Savings Time) in order to have more time to fantasized about all the lovely ladies in the world. But then a Londoner came along and said "Whoa there New Zealand, you totally Bogarted our DST idea you A-holes." So the Brits took ownership of the idea because they claimed that too many people were sleeping through the larger part of a summer day.*

So thank you to New Zealanders (BTW, is the term "Kiwi" offensive? I've never met anyone from New Zealand so I haven't had anyone to ask.), not only have you given me the opportunity to sleep an extra hour on Sunday but you will inevitably force me to be super early to work on Monday because I'll have forgotten to turn my clock back in the car.

Oh, and when it comes to that Spring Forward bullshit - F.U.!

*Some facts came from (the always reliable) WikiPedia the rest I made up.

SModcast



Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier get high and talk about (VERY) random things. I had downloaded some episodes a while ago but really wasn't digging them. Having nothing to listen too at work this week and my iPod battery dead, I decided to give them a chance. Well my friends, I am happy to say that this is my new favorite podcast so check it out. It's not entirely safe for work, so beware.


YDB

No comments:

Post a Comment