Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Public Discomfort: I don't trust a man in a cape.

at starbux in the bellevue and there is a man in a cape. and not a "i'm wearing my halloween costume" cape. its a cape cape.

-----

I know with Public Discomforts I usually leave as the original text, however, I feel this topic requires more discussion.

Who in their right minds thinks a man cape, WITH A HOOD, is a good idea. I mean come on. The dude not only looked incredibly ridiculous, but my God did he have an air of pretentiousness. Just based on looks I deduced that this idiot was a UArts student (almost makes me embarrassed to be a UArts Alum), possibly photography major. Although a theater major would be the obvious choice, he didn't have the annoying personality to be a theater major.

Anyway, here's a picture. I tried to take it incognito but the SOB kept moving. How dare he!



Check out that wing span!

He reminded me of the losers from that King of the Hill episode, "The Witches of East Arlen," where Bobby Hill discovers tarot cards. You know, the one where the main dude in the coven always says "resplendent"

And FYI to any man (regardless of age) reading this that owns a cape:
1) you look FUCKING ridiculous.
2) it never was a good idea
3) no one thinks you look good


A little Seinfeld tie-in:

From The Chinese Woman
Season 6; Episode 4

George: I don't trust men in capes.

Jerry: You can't cast aspersions on someone just because they're wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here and let you say something bad about him.

George: Alright, Superman's the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment