Thursday, October 22, 2009

My 3 Faves of the Week

week of 10/19/09

Chunky Monkey Milkshake at Nifty Fifties

Every night that Popi is over he insists that I take him out for ice cream. I hate to admit it but usually don't take him. Not because I don't want to spend the time with him, it's just that I have just come home from work (7:30pm) and the last thing I feel like doing is going back out. But last Friday I relented and took him for ice cream. Unsure of what to get I ended up ordering a Chunky Monkey Milkshake. Oh mother of God that was the greatest milkshake I have ever drank/ate. It was banana, vanilla, chocolate, peanut buttery goodness topped of with tiny chocolate chips and shards of peanuts. It was so good I immediately texted 4 of my friends to tell them of its awesomeness. Go get one! Now! Run!





This weirdly non-Confucius Fortune


Probably about 3 years ago the Captain I ordered Chinese food at his apartment. So along with the 10,000 packages of duck sauce they give you, we threw the extra fortune cookie in the crisper in the fridge. Fast forward to present day, and your Daily Barista is awake and starving. Naturally there is no food in the Capt.'s abode, so I went on a scavenger hunt and that is when I found the lost cookie. After close inspection to make sure the package was still sealed, I opened it took out the little strip of paper and ate the cookie. The Neapolitan cookie (not sure when the Neapolitan craze hit the fortune cookie industry but I am so glad it did) was a tiny bit stale, but over all still tasted OK. As I digested the aging cookie, I took time to read my fortune. Then reread it to make sure I read it right the first time:





Matt Lauer

I have an unnatural crush on Matt Lauer. Why, I am not entirely sure. Let's face it, as Popi would say "He's no Brad Pitt" and rumor has it, he's a bit of a tool.



I don't care, I love (LOVE) Matt Lauer. One of my goals in life is to meet this man. I know what you are thinking, "Why don't you just stand outside the studio like a turista with a lame ass sign and you can meet him that way?" No way. I want to go on the show. Every idea I come up with starts with one question: will this get me on the Today Show? Secretly I think that is why I started this blog.

So why do I love you Lauer? Is it your snappy suits, is it your snarky attitude and dry sense of humor? Is it your germ-a-phob-ness? Or your obvious disgust when interviewing idiots (Deep down I know you wanted to punch that Illinois cop Drew Peterson right in the face. I know that you think he did it.) I love that watching you allows me to start statements with "Well, Matt told me today....." when discussing the news with my co-workers.

Thank you Mr. Lauer for delivering my news everyday and for brightening my early mornings. You're the best. I don't care that you can be a tool. Sometime one has to be a tool. And please consider my home or office as one of the Where in the World is Matt Lauer? locales. That would be bad ass.

Oh, and to Meredith, Al, and Ann? I love you all too. Ann you are so cute with your belted sweaters. Al with your inappropriate jokes that make me cringe (at times you are on par with Willard Scott.) And Meredith. You look like my mom (seriously, I find it freaky) and it makes me smile.

Click on the photos above to find their sources.

1 comment:

  1. best.post.ever.

    I was laughing so hard.

    You do realize there is a Nifty Fifty two blocks from my office. And now I must get a Chunky Monkey Milkshake.

    Whore.

    Loveyoumeanit!

    ReplyDelete