Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Live in a Constant Seinfeld Episode - Exhibit A

Seinfeld is one of the greatest shows ever to be television. Their story lines hold true to this day, a mere 20 years later (the show ran from 1989 until is stellar season finale in 1998).


I, myself, am finding that I am living a Seinfeldesque life. Specifically, I am living the 4th season when George Costanza (who, funnily enough, resembles my dad: short, stocky, and balding) is living with his over the top parents.

Exhibit #A:

The other night I decided to make myself a sandwich for dinner. I opened the fridge to get the proper accouterments needed for building a sandwich – bread, cheese, ham, etc. It came to no surprise that there was a lack of bread.

I turned to my mom (whom, may I add, was cleaning up after a hot dinner she had made for my dad) and asked “Do we have any slice bread?" Then turned back to the fridge to see what other type of sandwich anchors I could find (pita, English muffin, hot dog bun). When none could be found I turned back to the counter ready to declare defeat. And that is when I saw her pull a knotted Wonder Bread bag from the garbage.

In all seriousness, she said “Here,” and tosses the bag at me. “I just put it in the trash, it’s still good. It was right on top and still in the bag.”

Here is the supporting evidence:
"The Gymnast"
original air date: November 3, 1994


I ate Cheerios for dinner that night.

Sorry for the short post today….busy as a bumbling, bumble bee at the office today.

Your Daily Barista

*Cast picture from http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/

No comments:

Post a Comment