Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My 3 Faves of the Week

Week of 9/28/09

The Traveling Wilburys - Poor House



At first I found the twangy sound a bit annoying, but it stuck with me. Now it's one of my new favorite songs.



Project Runway

Damn I hate that Nicholas, he's just so smug. I can't wait for him to leave. Last week's Costume themed winner should have been a tie between these too dudes:

Christopher



Epperson


Not this (white) hot mess:

(I just threw up in my mouth) Nicholas


I love these types of challenges. Creative and unusual challenges with strange parameters tend lead to some of the best design work. I hope tomorrow night's episode is equally as exciting as the last two. Although with a win for Nicholas last week, I have a feeling there will be no living with him this week.

By the way, the "Biggest Lie in Runway History" was a bit of a let down. Am I right?

Starbucks VIA Ready Brew
OH MY GOD! It has finally come. The day when good coffee was made instant. I love coffee…a lot. This VIA thingy really is the best invention. It's almost as great as that stupid wheel invention. Starbucks VIA solves all of my (coffee-related) problems.

Problem 1: Starbucks brewed coffee (even though it is delicious) tends to be too strong for me causing me to have to cream it up (Blah.) But with these VIA things you can get one strong 8oz coffee out of one sleeve or, if you are like me, 2 4oz coffees. And it tastes just as awesome.

Problem 2: I always have to get my coffee on the outside...well not no mo! With hot water from my water cooler and a quick shot in the microwave, I can have a coffee shop quality coffee right here in my office. MMMMM, coffee in my office without having to wash a coffee pot in the ladies room. I may shed a happiness tear.

Problem 3: Dude, coffee is expensive. Seriously, have you ever added up your coffee shop expenses for a month? Holy Mother of God do I spend a lot of money on coffee and coffee accessories. Again, not no mo! Let's do some Math here people, I figured:

$9.95 / 12 (8oz packets) = 0.83¢
0.83¢ / 2 (cups from each packet) = 0.42¢
FINAL COST: 42¢ a cup.

NIIICE. That Lamborghini Murcielago will be mine in no time!

Your Daily Barista

No comments:

Post a Comment