Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My 3 Faves of the Week

Film Forum with Beavis and Butthead
Oh, how I hope to see more of these Film Forums in the future. I wonder if I can get my hands on some vintage B&B episodes…hmmm.




My new Dr Marten’s Boots
These were a Birthday present and now that weather has turned (for the BETTER. HA! I said it, I meant it, and I may have stolen yo mama's credit) I can finally where them. EEK! I am so excited.
Back in May, a paper vendor friend of mine stopped in my office to show me some of RIS’ new wares and I couldn’t help but notice her kick ass boots. Turns out they were Dr Martens! I love Docs! I used rock my 8-hole soft leathers from 8th grade (same pair) until I stupidly left them in the shed at the Capt’s farm 2 years ago (I think they went the way of his 4-wheeler – stolen!). It has been a while so I decided to relive my childhood with an updated pair:
I love these shoes. The best money I ever spent. They have a nice small heal that is kick ass for walking these fine city streets. They look killer with jeans, but I just may rock them with a skirt.



I would like to state for the record that I had stumbled upon this site before it was featured on the Today Show and became hip. Totally ahead of the curve on this one! This site epitomizes the only thing I love about going into a Wal-mart. If only I would have thought to photograph people when I used to hang out at Wal-mart back in High School. However, this site makes me wonder, "What do the people taking the photos look like? Do they look as ridiculous as those they want us to ridicule?"

Go for the pictures; go back for the captions.


Sample Shot
Your Daily Barista

1 comment:

  1. I love PeopleofWalmart.com
    So fantastic. The Wal*mart in Parksburg PA is the best. Hicks and Amish. That's all I'm gonna say.

    LB

    ReplyDelete