Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My 3 Faves of the Week

week of 9/21/09

Sing the Changes by Paul McCartney and the Firemen

This is from July but I am still jamming out to this song while soaring down the highway. It's such a great driving tune.


I had slept through the majority of his appearance (i.e. the interview and all the Beatles classics) but woke in time for this song. I love the feel and melody of this tune. I was blown away, not only by the song, but also by the energy of the crowd. After watching this performance I would definitely pay to see him live. He sounded great. Check out Youtube for all the videos from that amazing performance.

Oh, and what is with McCartney, anyway? He kinda looks like an old lady. I think it's the hair. It just doesn't seem right.

Alan Rickman in Dogma

…oh hell, in anything! That man is amazing. The Captain and I rewatched Dogma for about the 100th time last weekend and I fell in love with the Metatron all over again.



I am a little behind in the Harry Potter movies (I hang my head in shame when I say, in both the books and films, I am only on book 4), but I do hope they use Rickman's talent more in the rest of the movies. I find Snape to be very under used in the first 3 movies.

By the way, if you haven't seen Dogma, go see it....NOW!

Kitten Mittens - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I am going to admit that I have never watched this show. Everyone who watches it loves it (my mom won't shut up about it) and I am sure I would too. Honestly, the only reason why I haven't seen it, is because I watch entirely too much TV already. I'm not sure if I want to add another show into my repertoire. I happened to stumble upon this clip last week and have not stopped laughing. It's the 20 sec mark that gets me every time.


Your Daily Barista

No comments:

Post a Comment