Monday, December 7, 2009

All I want for Christmas

Last week my fellow Bloggers, Lizzie In Progress and Shannanigans, both posted about their Christmas wishes for the 2009 season. This week I decided to do the same.

My Christmas lists usually consist of the same things Sally Brown (Charlie's sister) wants: cash. 10s and 20s. But this year, I am kinda hoping for some boxes under the tree.

Sharpies!!!!


Yes that is right, I said Sharpies. In every color, every tip. I love Sharpies and I use them everyday at work. They are great for everything; writing, correcting proofs, making signage, labeling CDs, sketching, you name it!



A gift card to get my hair done


This I call one of those gifts of necessity. My hair is looking pretty weak at the moment. My little cousin J-Five told my stylist that my hair was two colors. I wish I could say that it was the comic stylings of a child, but it really is starting to look like it is two colors.

And Jackie if you are reading this: I am offering up my apologizes for the crappiness of my hair. But you are wonderful and I am hoping to be in to see you soon!



Veer Merch

I love Veer. They are my go to source for stock photos (at least when Clients are paying.)

I am also in love with all of their Merch and already own numerous items. My KERN zip up is a go to item in my weekend wardrobe, my typography hoodie that I can't seem to find at the moment, a corduroy messenger bag that they just randomly sent to me one day with a white Helvetica mug, and all of the Summer Activity Guides.

They have a lot of cool new items up that I could totally rock:

I love this necklace, however, it is no longer available. :(


A bad ass Uppercase Scarf.



A new CMYK Hoodie!


Confessions of an Advertising Man - David Ogilvy


I have heard of this book many times over the course of my career, but kept forgetting about it. A few weeks ago, I was watching past episodes of Mad Men and they mentioned the book. That mention reignited my interested and I promptly put in a request on Swaptree. However, it has yet to become available. Those who have read it said that regardless of its age, its content is still viable in today's advertising industry.

And finally....

A new giant purse

I have gone back to carrying a giant purse. I didn't want to, however, it is now out of a dire need to carrying a lot of things (some of you may have remembered this) ... again.

I bought the yellow Guess bag in the corner of the top image last year with my Christmas money. I got it for a great deal and it only cost me an extra $5. But after a year of almost non stop use (and cat kneading), it's pretty banged up. So a new giant bag, preferably single-strapped, is in order. I found this great one online. I believe it is a Marc Jacobs. Isn't it pretty??


I spotted this very pricey bag on the interwebbings earlier this season and since then have been looking for a more moderately priced knock off. I think this tartan plaid is a big thing for this season, I have been seeing it everywhere.


Happy Shopping!
YDB


2 comments:

  1. Do you realize most of your list has to do with work-related items? heheh Bill has a spell on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could probably buy the Sharpies on my company card, but explaining why I need 100 different colored sharpies will take longer than I am willing to put in.

    ReplyDelete