Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Let's all go to the lobby...

...on Christmas night (that is):

Sherlock Holmes

Who doesn't like a good Robert Downey Jr. film? I know I've said it 100x but once more the record: I will pay to watch him read the phone book! I love that man.



My only concern: Guy Ritchie hasn't made a good film since Snatch. And that was about 10 years ago.

and

the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassuss

That's hard to say, Parnassuss-iss-iss.



It's a Terry Guilliam, so you know it's gonna be a mind fuck. Come on, we all saw Fear and Loathing..., am I right? This looks like one of those films that one must see in the theaters on an amazing quality screen. Where do you find one of those in SoJo?


But seriously, Hollywood, wtf!!! It's aboot time some good films are coming out. When you have the nerve to ask me to spend $10 for the ticket only, it better be quality shit.

It finally seems that some awesome films are gearing up to be released in 2010:
  • According to my sources (ok, the interweb) Jackson leaves a lot out of The Lovely Bones, but it still visually looks amazing.

  • Saint John of Las Vegas looks pretty funny. Who doesn't like Steve Buscemi?

  • Popi's other BFF Leo DiCaprico in Shutter Island. He will probably want to see that.

  • Alice in Wonderland looks so sweet that I am getting a toothache! Another must see on a giant screen.

  • IRONMAAAAAAAN Part Duex

  • Oh, Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe have teamed up to remake Robin Hood. It sort of reminds me of Gladiator but that is cool, that movie was bad ass, especially in HD.
Don't be completely fooled. It looks like some crap is coming out as well:
  • The A-Team. Aside from cutie Bradley Cooper playing Face, not sure this is going to be a winner. How can you not give Mr. T a job? I pity that fool.

    I will admit, I LOVED (that is right, I am bolding, all capsing, and italicizing) Star Trek and not cause Lil Kirk was cute (I kinda dug Lil Spock) it's because I am a Trekkie. So who knows I could be wrong on the whole A-Team remake.

  • In The Spy Next Door, Jackie Chan is a nanny...and a spy. Didn't we all ready do this with the Hulkster?

  • OK I know Benico Del Torro is The Wolfman, still, I have a feeling this is going to be like the DeNiro Frankenstein mess.

  • I hate to say this, Date Night... it's probably going to be terrible. I don't know why Steve Carrell doesn't translate to the big screen, aside from 40 Year Old Virgin that is.

  • Another Jackie Chan movie this one called the Karate Kid.

    So Hollywood has moved off naming movies exactly what they are about, such as my personal favorite, Fighting. Now they just ripe off names of other popular movies. I guess they are hoping some idiots will think it's the original Karate Kid.

  • and I haven't even mentioned all of the Nick Cage bull crap getting released.
So choose wisely and Happy Viewing!

YDB

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see Lovely Bones. I heart Mark Walburg and his need to make all his movies in this great state.

    The Imaginarium looks interetesting.. but I'm probably going to need a couple cocktails. Or some Aderol. Not sure which ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If JEGs is driving go ahead and mix 'em. haha.

    If I ever meet Marky Mark, I will insist in addressing him as Marky Mark and ask about the whereabouts of his Funky Bunch.

    ReplyDelete