Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mama's Gotta Brand New Bag

I have a terrible habit. It’s a habit that drives people crazy, hell it drives me crazy when I do it, but I can’t seem to stop. I constantly rummage through my purse. I primarily do this in two places: the car (when I am a passenger, of course!) and when I sitting in a restaurant. I am always double checking to make sure that everything is there, or I am organizing it's contents. I am not sure why I do this perhaps its done out of nervousness or some mild form of OCD. I do know that I am never looking for anything specific. Sometimes just as a cover, I will pull out my lipstick or lip balm and apply it, this way The Captain doesn't think I am insane.

Recently the contents of my bag has gotten out of hand. Do, in part, to the hugeness of the bag itself.

This past Christmas I treated myself on a giant, bright yellow Guess bag (or if you are Popi it is pronounced “Goose”). It’s a fab bag. It’s big enough to carry around everything a girl needs through out her day….Ok, maybe I don’t need everything.

Here it is; my secret. Here is everything I carry with me on a daily basis:


iPod, ear buds, book, business cards, wallet, lip balm, cell phone, lipstick, USB, camera, table-top tripod, keys, papers, pen, hat, Excedrin migraines, matches, Altoids, jewelry, hair clips, work diary, and calendar...Phew!*

*Also on occasion you can find my lunch and an extra pair of gym clothes in there too.
But no more, my friends, no more. I am changing my ways. I have paired down my bag into a one medium sized bag o’crap. Really, just the most essential crap:



Don't mind the crappy picture.
My camera has taken a turn for the worse
:-(

I have chosen this sweet, soft leather Kenneth Cole that I bought last season (along with the wallet pictured). It is big enough to carry my book but not so big that items are hard to find. So no more rummaging.

This is going to make my summer that much sweeter.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear Madam C.. I too carry a lot of CRAP in my bag. I have 2,347,993 tiny pieces of paper in my bag with coordinates or random addresses written on it (compliments of work). It's funny, on my ToDo list today was "Clean out Purse".

    Love the new bag. Blue is such a fun color!

    ReplyDelete