Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmastime is Here....

...and boy do I love me some Christmastime.

For the month of December I will be dedicating my 3 Faves to all that is Christmas. And don't worry kiddies...they are already mapped out and will be uploaded in a timely manner. None of those late posts that haunted my November.

This year B101 started playing their Merry Tunes the week before Thanksgiving. That is just too insane. I don't even want to think about Christmas music until after I have gorged myself on all things Thanksgiving.

This was a hard decision to make, being that there are so many awesome Christmas tunes out there.

Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby and David Bowie



I wish that when I sit around in my Mr. Rodgers sweater David Bowie would come knocking on my door. Could you imagine? That would be totally bad ass.

"Sure David, we have a piano you can play just push the cat off of it first. You don't mind that it is out of tune and a few keys don't work. "... "No you can't leave."

I wonder if Crosby beat Bowie with a bag of Valencia oranges afterwords.....

Home for the Holidays - Perry Como



This song reminds me of Popi. He loves this song. You can always here him singing it while he is getting dressed in the mornings. It's pretty funny. He only knows the chorus.



Marshmallow World - Dean Martin



I just discovered this song last year and I must say...I absolutely love it. I loved it so much that I made this catchy little tune my ringtone! But what makes the song? It's Deano's drunk swagger throughout the entire piece. You just know that he was loaded while recording it and you know he didn't care!



Last Christmas - WHAM!

I don't even have to think twice about this one! Last Christmas is Fabulous with a capital "F." And now that I discovered there is a music video, oh God, it's even more amazing.



If you want to hear a pretty good and a some what more manly remake check, out Jimmy Eat World's Last Christmas. Now, I am not too sure what is going on in this video but I was strangely hypnotized. It's obliviously a high school project, "the girl who got away, but boo-hoo I want her back" is a common theme in high school video class projects. I should know, I was one of those aspiring filmmakers.



I would like to know your thoughts on this video. If I were his teacher, B-. First, great song choice, nice choice in clothing....Wii jacket. But Transformers....you are not winning any chicks back with that piece of crap. Next time bring some Love, Actually. Chicks love that movie plus it's all Christmasy.

1 comment:

  1. I confess my attention span only lasted a minute and twenty seconds. I can't handle student films.

    How can you not have Bing and Doris's duet?? Baby it's Cold Outside!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25fUl3NpeBc

    ReplyDelete