Sunday, December 19, 2010

Haven't we met before

I have been a bad, bad friend. I tell you I am going to write to you every week, then I disappear for a few months.

So I suggest we begin again.  But this time at the beginning of my new life.

Well, I was totally laid off in June. I know, I know WTF! It's a strange feeling being laid off. I think I went through all the standard phases:
  1. Sweet I Don't Have to Get Up in the Morning
  2. I'm Gonna Hang with my Friends. Oh Wait They Have Jobs, Dammit!
  3. This Sucks
  4. I Need a Job
  5. I REALLY Need a job
It was sometime between the "This Sucks" and "I Need a Job" phases that our lease at the 'Creek was up. Due to the numerous issues with the apartment we decided not to resign our lease and move...to the Jersey Shore.

That's right ladies and gents, it's G.T.L. and Fist Pumps all year long. I wish that were the case, but we moved into what can only be equated to a large scale senior community. It's more like Buicks, Placards, and Moth Balls all year long.

We now live in a quaint (not sure if it correctly describes my place, but it sounds classy) 3 bedroom house about a block from the beach.

One of the many beautiful sunsets and it's only a block away! I can seriously hear the ocean on quiet nights.
This summer is going to be amazing.


So here is the nickel tour of our new abode (the interior shots were taken on our first night in the house):

The adorable front porch all decked out for Halloween.
Decorations to take note of: illuminated tin pails, a hay bale and mum, glittery scary words in the windows,
and the cutest homemade ghosts. And our jack-o-lantern
...


Lorlita was over and suggested we carve a PBR-o-lantern. Way to class up the neighborhood! Yes, we did keep it out during trick-or-treating. The parents all got a laugh.


The new place isn't very large. Our living room is more long and narrow, so we had to give up part of our sectional and both end tables (that mean kiss away lighting.) Conversely our bedroom is large so we were able to add in the two missing pieces of our bedroom set that we couldn't use in our apartment. 
Win-Win.


1) Our ski lodge bathroom.
2) The master bedroom with an extremely romantic 3)washer and dryer.
4) I always wanted a breakfast nook!
5) The kitchen is the largest room in the house. Literally.


6) The living room with beautiful natural wood ceiling (not so attractive fans)
7) My home office. It's the best room in the house and with the best view.
8)The guest bedroom. It's the warmest room in the house.


So that is the new crib in a nutshell. Once I straighten up (things have gotten out of hand with the holidays) I will post some pics of the furnished rooms.

Sorry again for the long delay. I hope never to make it lapse that much again.


Your Daily Barista






1 comment: