Wednesday, December 22, 2010

3 Faves of the Week

With the holidays right around the corner, I am dedicating my latest 3 Faves of the Week to infomercials.


The Forever Lazy
Two weeks ago, the Captain and I were cruising Newser when we came across a link to this:



"I. WANT. THAT."  the Captain exclaimed like a petulant child.

"That is the dumbest, most unsexy thing I have ever seen. I am not buying you that. In fact, I don't ever want to see you in that," I said flatly

"It's not any dumber than the Snuggie. Which I might add you own!" he pointed out.

That exchange started up the 2010 Which Is Dumber? Debate, which I might add is still going on in my household. I won't go in to the details of the debate, just know that I freely admit that the Snuggie is a dumb product. I also want you to know that my house is a chilly 67 degrees but thanks to my Pepto Bismol Pink Snuggie (an `09 Christmas present from Mom ) my entire body, including my arms, are warm.


The Pajama Jean

A friend of mine posted this on my Facebook wall today and I have watched it at least 3 times. It has also spurred the longest conversation ever dedicated to a single FB comment on my page. Every time I watch it, I am left saying "Hmm, I wonder if they are nice looking?" The Pajama Jean (and let us not forget that snazzy and FREE crew neck t-shirt) would be a nice upgrade to my usual yoga pants/college hoodie uniform that have adopted since being unemployed.

This product is utterly ridiculous ...  Right?




This is how they should pitch it during the holiday gift buying rush:

"Now, you can eat all you want and your jeans grow WITH you! No more embarrassingly unbuttoning that top button during fancy, formal dinners. With Pajama Jeans, this Christmas you can have that second helping of Grandmom's apple pie. (narrator chuckles as if in causal conversation) And don't forget the ice cream!"
(I miss working in an Ad Agency...I used to get paid for gems like that!)
I have a sneaking suspicion that if you give PJ's that look like clothes to people who LOVE PJ's, these things will end up in many inappropriate places.

It will class up the Wal-Mart crowd though!



The Clapper Plus
And finally the stupidest addition to an already stupid invention: The Clapper Plus. The 'Plus' of The Clapper Plus is a wireless light switch. 

 

When I brought the stupidity of this product to the attention of the Captain, he said "That's the greatest idea! It would be perfect for us cause none of our light switches are in right place."
Let me explain what he means: the light switch for our bedroom is in the kitchen, the switch for my office is blocked when I open the door, and the only switch in our living room turns on the lights attached to the ceiling fans (which when turned on is bright enough to operate)-not an outlet.

Touché my friend, looks like Santa is bringing us a Clapper Plus!


Better order now, these deals won't last forever and Christmas is just around the corner.

YDB

No comments:

Post a Comment