Friday, July 2, 2010

3 Faves of the Week

Bubble Tea! 
I first had bubble tea at a great Thai restaurant in University City called Bubble House about 5 years ago. I loved it there and I'm dying to go back. But until I get there ('soon enough my pet,' I coo at my grumbling tummy) I have found it in Center City at a cute little tea bar called (try to guess)T-Bar (oh you're a clever hipster doofuses.)
I only get Iced Bubble Milk Black Tea. I am little afraid to taste the other flavors, cause lets face it it's a bit pricey at around $4.75 a glass.  My favorite part of Bubble tea? The slimy black tapioca balls at the bottom of course! As my friend 'Lissa said to me once "Oh so you like slimy, black balls in your mouth?"
Is this a gimmick? I am not entirely sure, but I do know that I love it and will be buying into like a 9 year old buying Silly Bands*.

* On a side note: What the fuck is up with those Silly Bands? They are everywhere. I saw them at the super market, at an office supply store, and boxes of them at the local outdoor flea market.  My intern has one that her mom found in the ocean of all places. Apparently it says Phillies but if you turn it side ways it looks like a seahorse (which I, naturally, thought it was.) I tired it on and let me tell you, it wouldn't fit over my giant country wrist. According to my mother, my 9 y/o cousin has like a million of them and insist on wearing all of them at once. I don't know. I guess it's the Snap Bracelets of 2010.




Nail Polish
I never thought I would say that. But recently I have become obsessed about painting my nails. I have a tendency to put on a color, take it off, then reapply another color in the matter of a half hour. The Captain doesn't get it and keeps complaining about the smell. I told him it's what comes with living with a woman: nail polish and Sex and the City.

I have found that the cheap nail polishes like Funky Fingers and N.Y.C. work the best. The go on easy and usually in 1 or 2 coats. But I went through all of this in a previous product review called Polish Me… Indifferent.


Futurama!

In Bender Bending Rodriguez's own words "I'm Back Baby!" and I am totally stoked. Seriously Futurama is back for a whole new season starting on June 24th. It's going to be amazing. For those of you who never gave this show a chance, I highly recommend that you do. It is the perfect spoof of old Sci-Fi shows specifically, my personal favorite, Star Trek: the Original Series. I'll admit the last of the 3 "made-for-TV-movie" style episodes, left much to be desired, but at the time, it was better than nothing. 
But now it's back and I can forget the terribleness of Into the Wild Green Yonder.

Futurama is smartly written, well voiced, and all the characters sort of look like the Simpsons.  How could you go wrong?

Never seen the show, but want to get caught up quickly? Check out this recap, narrated by my favorite cartoon character (as well as the namesake of my future dog!) Captain Zapp Brannigan!


FuturamaWeeknights, 9p/8c
Recap-O-Rama: 5 Seasons in 7 Minutes
www.comedycentral.com
Futurama New EpisodesFuturama New EpisodesUgly Americans

So now you must be like: "Holy hell, I can't believe I ignored this show! I totally need to watch some episodes before June 24th!!" Here is where to start my friends. I give you my top 5 Futurama episodes (in no particular order):

Where No Fan Has Gone Before
Entire episode based on Star Trek: the Original Series. My favorite quote from the episode "Double Yes!

Bending in the Wind
Bender becomes broken and tours with Beck.

Love Labour's Lost in Space
the one where "Zapp mated with a woman"

Amazon Women in the Mood
OK this is the greatest episode of the entire series!!!! This is a must watch.

Spanish Fry
Fry's "human horn" gets stolen and it opens the door to a slue of sexual innuendos by Bender.

On a side note: Jurassic Bark always makes me cry. Poor Seymour. Keep on waiting buddy!

YDB

No comments:

Post a Comment