Saturday, July 24, 2010

3 Faves of the Week

TV University

 

Stumbling the other day I found the greatest blog post: TV University Faculty by 4 Dudes. That got me thinking, "What would I major in at TV University? A study of all things awesome of course!"

In case you were wondering:
ParaPsycology with Mulder and Scully
Automotive Engineering with Jeremy Clarkson
Astronautical Engineering with Scotty
Marketing with Don Draper
Public Speaking with Billy Mays
Practical Business Management with "Great" Scott
Graphic Arts with Sal Romano
African American History with Franklin (I guess G.O.B. is the Teacher's Assistant)
Women Studies with Hank Moody




Do You Remember the Time?
I happened to be on Facebook a while back and a friend of mine posted a link to a Blog called "I'm Remembering!."
I took one look at this site and fell in love. One the first page there is a screen shot of my favorite 80s movie ever, Just One of the Guys!!  I am crazy for 80s/90s nostalgia and this site has it all.  Scrolling through all the pages makes me long to go through our family photo albums and relive some amazing childhood memories.


Drunk History
Funny or Die has an great episodic series called Drunk History. Concept is simple, tell a factual story while drunk. I know deep down we all have been in this situation. The drunker you get the more you feel a need to impress upon others your wealth of knowledge. The only difference, you don't have celebrities doing the reenactments.  Here is one of my favorites, but you can check out the rest on their site.


and on a side note: 
My new favorite drink, a hard Arnold Palmer (that's what she said!)
They are hard to find but funnily enough, the best one I ever head was at Mexican restaurant in South Jersey. According to the all knowing Wikipedia, a hard Arnold Palmer is known as a John Daly. It's easy: lemonade, ice tea, and vodka. I did see on one site that it is best with Limon vodka.

No comments:

Post a Comment