Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In Memoriam (well it's inevitable)

I love Polar bears but they make me sad. Every time I see a polar bear floating away on an iceberg I get a little misty eyed.

Well not so much for these two. At least they have each other.


Ok, this one is much sadder =(




Or this damn commercial:



It's almost as sad as this one about shelter animals (Be warned! It's sad):






I believe in Global Warming. I feel the strain humans have put on natural resources isn't helping naturally occurring cycle. However, this time around it is a problem. It's a problem because it isn't going to just affect wildlife, it's also going to affect people.

So fine.

The facts were altered to get a rise out of people. I work in advertising, let me tell you something, everything has been altered in order to evoke strong feelings to the viewers.

What baffles me the most about this entire Global Warming debate is: why is doing things to protect the environment such a bad thing? (Could it be money? I think so.) We should be developing alternative means of energy, engineering cars that have zero emissions, promoting recycling and cutting back on waste, carpooling or taking public transportation, using reusable bags instead of plastic, etc., etc. To me it's just common sense. But to those who have always disagreed with Global Warming see the revelation of altered facts as a victory. A victory to what?

Anyway, I won't fight you to the death about it. This post is about the cuteness of polar bears.

(The Benny Hill music begins to play)








So what brought about this Polar Bear montage? This cute story I Stumbled Upon on Helen's Posterous.

YDB

No comments:

Post a Comment