Monday, March 8, 2010

3 Faves of the Week ≠ SNOW!

This post is very past due! But enjoy...

--

Instead of writing about my 3 Faves of the week, I think I want to write about the one thing I am starting to loathe...SNOW!

About three weeks ago, it snowed. And snowed. And snowed. So we made the best of it and got snowed in with plenty of beer, food, and friends. We partook in snowball fights, helped each other dig out, and built a pretty bad ass igloo (Well until I saw Intern Steve's igloo, that bastard.)

Friday night Lorlita showed up with all this stuff (OK some of that stuff is mine, but still!)



Totally prepared for TACO Night! Awesome. It was A Great Value!



There was more beer on the deck, wine on the table, and vodka in the freezer. Sorry for the crumbs in the fridge =(



So after the 2nd storm passed, we woke up to this! Bubbles is the car between the two men.



It turned into an igloo building contest with the neighbors.
Duke and his drunk friends vs. Lorlita and I.





Our neighbor apparently needed a hat.



Our other neighbor with her 2 adorable Corgis. One is missing and eye and is a little slow. But so darn cute.


A good shot of our progress and architectural plan. Note the nice horseshoe shape we got going on. Oh and the convenient beer holder to the left. It was so cold that the beer started to ice over.




We decided to turn it into a bar and lounge. Unfortunately we couldn't get roof on it.



Damn you Intern Steve. Damn you and wicked igloo building skills. You must be part Eskimo.


Three weeks go by and one massive rain storm but it's still here.

It's melting but it is still everywhere! Seriously. In the past month the Philadelphia region has been hit with like 30+ inches (I think the final snow count for the region was 70"). The Winter Olympics are taking place at probably the most kick ass part of Canada (Vancouver/Whistler) and they have no snow for the snowboarders. They should move that skiing shit to Woodbury, NJ. We don't have natural mountains (nor do we even have hills) but we do have ginormous mounds of snow sitting in Walmart parking lots.

So, now, as I sit here digesting a slice of my first homemade lasagna, watching the snow fall for a 4th time this winter season, the only thing left to do is open a bottle of wine and watch the accumulation.

MMMMM MMMMM can't get enough. It goes without saying that this was AMAAAAAAZING.


*NOTE: The pending snow storm that I am referring to in that last paragraph was a fallacy. We barely got 5". But I did get a 4 day weekend out of it so thank you John Bolaris and your misguided snow prediction.

----

Fast forward one month. It was fucking amazing out this weekend. The Captain and I took total advantage and ran errands; spending most of the day outside. In fact it was so nice it was Skinny Coffee Frappacino nice. Today, Monday, it's about 57ºF and perfect. So perfect I left the Creek without a jacket and I may roll with the roof down!


See. If you put your hand on the monitor you can feel the warmth!


So everyone turn off the computer, and go forth to enjoy the Spring like weather. But don't enjoy it too much cause it's gonna rain before the end of the week. And right in time for the St. Paddy's Day Parade. I wouldn't normally care, however, my company marches in it every year; so if it rain it's gonna suck even more.

YDB

Just in case you didn't believe me =)




Do you want to make a sweet Snow Igloo like Lorlita and I? Then get a Flexible Snow block from Amazon and pray for snow!



No comments:

Post a Comment